Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sometimes it's just over

Sometimes friendships are one sided no matter how hard you try, there can't be words to describe the feeling of the moment you realize it was all for nothing.
I saw one time that friends are like trees, some are leaves and only here for a season, some are limbs that can break and fall off when they bear too much weight, and some are roots they will be with you for a lifetime. I now really believe that.
Letting go of a relationship with someone you thought was your friend is actually like getting a divorce. It's cruel, emotional and when the other person could care less, its even worse.
Investing in a relationship takes effort by BOTH parties and I found myself on the giving side and not much on the receiving side. Just when I thought the storm was going to pass, the tsunami hit and I was blindsided, I just never saw it coming.
So sometimes it's just OVER, and I am choosing to take this time to reflect and think about how I manage my relationships with friends in the future. I am quite jaded, I scar easily and the after effects I wear on my sleeves. I am leaving this to Jesus and HE will heal my wounds, Heal my spirit that has been insurmountably crushed. I am spinning like a top looking for a place to stop and the only place I have is in His Word that I will find new friends, new courage to strike out on my own, take new challenges and meet my fears head on. It the only thing I can do.


This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~Bible, John 15:12-13

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Jocelyn, I'm sorry about this friendship. It's really hard when that happens. It's happened to me and hits hard. YOu are doing all the right things. The Lord will help you through this.

Also, sorry about your kitty. It looks like he is in very good hands.

Hugs, Kathi

20 meter circle of life said...

Hugs..go spend some time loving on the ponies

Rose of Sharon said...

I agree, sometimes it's just over and it can be painful. I don't understand why people act this way, but the truth is, she is probably going through her own stuff and it really has nothing to do with you. You are doing the right thing by letting her go and moving on and praying for a new friend. I pray that God will bring you a friend that is amazing and fun and will be an encourager to you and inspire you in all areas of your life.

Big hugs, Sharon

Heather said...

Friendship: a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears.

I'm sorry this has been so hard for you...I hope your writing helps you to heal..you have a talent with words...

Heather