Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9-11

We are watching it on the History Channel.
in 2005 Shawn and I visited the Oklahoma City Bombing site, we were there for quite awhile taking in the intensity of it all.
Then we came upon the OKC museum/gift shop. I was appalled. The commercialization of it all was offensive to me. While I appreciated their efforts to keep the memory alive of those who were lost, I refused to support the private sector financially. That should be something that OKC should fund publicly, and visitors should be able to see the museum for FREE.

With that said, I will someday travel to NYC to visit Ground Zero. I am sure I will be forever haunted with the insurmountable tragic energies and devastation that happened there.
Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian woman, and am secure in my salvation. But I am also very acute in the energy of others and others that have come before me. It is not something I boast about, or pride my self in , and I rarely talk about it. It just is.

I pray that neither my family, friends or neighbors ever experience anything like that.

God Bless the people of NYC.

No comments: