Saturday, September 6, 2008

Keeping it real...

Today we tried the canter again, my thighs are aching, and I told Trainer Deb pictured below, and I quote.
" I cannot sit that canter, my butt keeps slamming down in the seat and it is like riding a camel"
Her response " yes you can, and you will, it will take about 400 more laps and you'll be purring like a kitten" Only about 380 more to go ! Egads, I had better have some killer thighs after 400 laps. I think she enjoys torturing me, I enjoy hard lessons, but my muscles don't. Ah yes getting older is such a blessing..NOT! So I told my friend Sue ( stars birth mamma) about Stars new affinitly for the can chaser cantering. She says YOU SHOULD GAME HER! Oh there is no way ever! I have no desire. Now Cowboy Mounted Shooting. That I would do..
This is Ashley and her Horse Irish. Ashley will be leaving the barn and taking her ponies, as she is in collge. We are all very sad, but I'm sure we'll see her often. Ashley will be so missed, I just love that girl.
Today we played Charades at the barn. I was Dragon and Squirrel. I'm not very good at it, but I gave it a go, it was a hoot. We need to drag out the badminton set soon. Denise refused to play, saying she wasnt good enough. She needs some drinks in her first. Denise and I have been friends for 4 years, she was my first friend at Livingstone, we got to shows together, events, shopping etc. I have to drive her whereever we go, she drives the bridges and I drive the rest. One time we drove 500 miles in ONE DAY, shopping for a new horse for her. We left at 6 am and got home about 7 pm. I had only one bridge freak out !! It was fun, but a long day. This is her below in the middle. She is a very unwilling model for my blog. I have more..She just doesnt know yet.

This is Denises horse Cyber. He looks like a warmblood, but he is 1/2 arabian 1/2 saddlebred. they are a great team, and do very well together.


That is about all I have today, my legs are moaning for a bubble bath, and I still have laundry and house stuff to do. ugh... It never ends! I feel Dairy Queen calling... I had better shut that up.

No comments: