Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the wind of change is a comin

I got the call on Saturday that my ride to my first Endurance race had to cancel. this was already after a significant amount of money I have already spent getting prepared.

I had already offered to pay for the gas, but she said there just wasn't any budge in her budget.

DEVASTATED is an understatement. The ride is in three weeks mind you and I JUST found out I am not going.

So what does a cowgirl do? they cowboy up and figure out plan b.

I was just going to rent a trailer but the rental place guy was a first class ***hole. I would have had to have the trailer for three nights because since they are closed on Sundays I'd have to keep it until Monday and couldn't pick it up until Friday Night and Not Friday Morning.Well since I have to check in Friday Afternoon three hours away that's a impossible feat.

ugh...

So I applied for a loan to buy a new one. 2010. they called me this morning to answer a few questions and I am crossing my fingers.

If it doesn't work out , it doesn't work out. But at least I am trying ....

8 comments:

PruSki said...

Good Luck!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Darn! I wish we lived closer. I'd be happy to let you borrow our trailer. It's nothing fancy, but it safe and will get you and your pony there, so you can live the dream!


~Lisa

Unknown said...

Rats. We have a decent rental place here, and for $30 it's not too bad. Just a livestock trailer, but horses seem to prefer them.

I with Lisa - I've got a trailer I'd be happy to loan you - if we didn't live 5,000 miles away.

I hope you can get your own. If you're going to be doing races, it's really the best option. Craigs List always has a ton of them, you never know, you might be able to find one to rent on there. Everyone is looking for a little extra money these days...

Jocelyn said...

Sassi: Thanks im so excited

LOR: oh I would totally borrow, not that i wnat to BUY ONE, but I am sick of relying on others.

Breathe: I need my own, it's just gotten down to no other option for me.

mrscravitz said...

Where is your endurance ride being held?

Paige said...

Good plan!

JJ said...

Good Luck!

I wonder if once you buy you're going to wonder how you ever lived without one :). You'll be able to take Star wherever you want, whenever you want!

Jocelyn said...

Jenny: Exactly! You read my mind. My big thing is the vet barn call stuff. When I could roll her into the clinic and save myself 50 bucks for the " farm call" fee. At one clinic they give shots for just the cost of shots when you bring them on Saturday mornings.