Sunday, March 14, 2010

Show day

I don't have any pics because I forgot my camera. My photographer is in Afghanistan anyway !

But here is how it rolled.

Please note: I don't have a trainer, I take a lesson every 6 months, I have done 99% of Stars training myself. I call her my homegrown mare, I bought her as an unbroke 3 year old and this is how we are ending our time doing shows for a long long time.

This was an Arabian Show , judged by a Top Arabian Trainer and Breeder.
The fact that he placed a stock horse in a sea of Ay-rhabs is nothing to sneeze at.Politics ya know can rum rampant at events like this.

5th place in Novice English. 5th out of over 15 riders and I have only ridden Star English MAYBE three times ever.
We were running late due to the tack room door lock not opening and had to wait for bolt cutters,
Behind approx: 45 minutes. So no warm up, just straight into the ring. This is a horse that is cold backed and pissy with no warm up, however she knew it was showtime and was ready to roll. This horse LOVES to show. She trotted right in and was such a good girl. I am so proud of her.

3rd Place out of WAY TOO MANY for one class in Novice open 19 and over. I was actually shocked that I placed because this was a huge class and Sis was acting naughty in the two classes previous.
Naughty you say? Only because we were in a sea of horses, no room, constantly being bumped, crowded and behind some dumb show bitch and her naughty training horse so we had to slow down, move and totally break our mojo.


Showmanship, I BLEW IT once again at the final step in the inspection. My Teacher Deb was the judge, and don't think she didn't give me the what for afterwards.
Pattern Perfect, Horse perfect, Owner DUMBA$$. I missed one final move out of the judges way and that was that. I Would have placed high in this class if I hadn't done that. Oh well.

BBFF and Grace did well, she had another rider ride her in English and came home with a 4th and 5th. Graces breeder was the judge... hmmm... :) Kidding, actually Gracie shines in English and Kim was an excellent rider.
As soon as I get pics I will post them !

11 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

WHOOHOOOO!!! GO JP AND STAR!!!

Cant wait to see the pix girl. Please give that big mare a treat from me for taking good care of you and for SHOWING OFF! ;)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Here's a BIG congratulations to a job well done. You should be very proud!!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Way to go! What a grand job at the show, you must be very proud of the both of you.

Jocelyn said...

we are proud of us, since this is our final show for a long long time, we rocked it, for ahome grown pony and her mamma.

Linda said...

Nicely done! Very nicely done!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time, even with the crowded class...and Star did awesome!

So why is this show going to be the last one for a long long time?


~Lisa

wilsonc said...

I attended this show and when Jocelyn says those classes were crowded she's not kidding. I counted more than 20 in one class and I know I didn't count them all...

gtyyup said...

Way to go!!! You should be very proud of you and Star!!

strivingforsavvy said...

Good for you!! Sounds like you both like showing!

Jocelyn said...

the reason that this is our last show for a long time is that I don't like it much anymore and prefer to get our endurance career underway.

She is SHOW DIVA, but she'll have to live with being a grungy sweaty trail horse from now on :)
It takes alot of pressure off me , if we aren't shooting for Blue ribbons anymore.

Tracey said...

Sounds like a great day, Jocelyn!

Will you be going to the Expo in Albany? Stop by and say hi at our booth :)

(Oh, I just love my word verification...'chiterin'! I think I need to name a pony that...)