Saturday, January 23, 2010

We had a DQ in our midst today.

The Self Proclaimed DQ herself JP2 came out and met Star today.
She took sis for a little spin or 5 around the arena, to help me figure out why sis wont loosen up through the back and soften more.She is like riding a surfboard instead of WP Princess.


I like big butts and I can not lie...

So here are a couple of videos for your viewing enjoyment. JP2 is short and Star is 16h, so it makes it look like she is riding some big fancy Warmblood.
I don't have an English saddle to poor JP2 had to ride with English Bridle because it had the snaffle on it, that's what I'll be showing her in for the classes , and a Barrel racing saddle.
Funny.









10 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Gosh, she looks good there in spite of a few 'moments'. Star is a very pretty mare.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Star is so pretty. Baby Doll used to do the velcro pony thing, too. Mom! Get this person off my back that's making me work. lol!

Star's head set and gaits are less like a WP horse and more like hunt seat or English. Have you ever considered riding dressage with her?

I bet she'd look gorgeous dressed in English tack.

~Lisa

Mrs. Mom said...

Very nice JP! Now we know why Booster is depressed though. He smelled a MARE on his Mommy! ;)

Star looks great. Pretty mover!!!

Jocelyn said...

Val: Oh she was having plenty of monets yesterday. JP made her WORK and Work hard. Sis hates getting sweaty.

LIsa: JP rode her that way on purpose to get her into dressage frame to get her more round and soft through the back. Trust me she is as WP as it comes.

MRs MOM. Poor Abu, he needs a friend.

20 meter circle of life said...

i love the vids!! i never get to see myself ride so its a huge help. I look a but handsy i think. But MARE was a blast, although she no likey the pony stickers AT ALL

Jocelyn said...

i am seriously considering having Trainer Tracey come out and take her an assesment spin.

I would LOVE to get that on video.

Flying Lily said...

Well JP2 is such a nice quiet rider and it's great you guys can hang out together with horses!

Star is beautiful.

JJ said...

What a pretty horse Star is!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I love my barrel saddle for all riding.

She is beautiful. Love a black-and-white Paint.

Jamaica Sewing Machine Repair said...

Helloo mate great blog post