Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our first Mommy and Me outing.

I decided last minute since the sun was out that I needed to get Star out on the trails.
So I know there is always bunches of folks at McGyver Park, so off we went.
This is what Pony Jail looks like :)

We waited until she finished lunch.FYI "goat collars" $4.99 at Coastal make excellent bucket and bag hangers.
We ran into a fellow blogger! Kasey from All Horse Stuff ! Here she is with her Wa-Mare!
She was riding with a couple of gals I got talking to, and one asked what Stars name was and then what my name was and the Kasey yells OMG JOCELYN! I AM KASEY!
I said SHUT UP NO WAY! It was so great to meet her!
How awesome is that, this is the 2nd blogger I have met just by pure chance.
This is Star after fighting with me for 5 miles. She was F.O.U.L foul. The wind was howling and she hadn't been ridden all week, so she was not a happy camper. Only 2 Hell NO and spins because I wanted to go back to the truck and she wanted to go with her friends. They were nice and rode back with me , and then they went back on the trail for another loop.
But I have to say she went OVER the Vewy skeery wooden bridge, through water, AND culverts with rushing waterfalls on each side. VICTORY DANCE!

So what does a Mamma do when her girl is being naughty?
Stand tied, Stand stand stand... La de Dah ...
I took a little ciggy break, talked to some other folks, took some pictures. We go when I say we go.
ohh MAD MARE alert. This is her I want to go home right now stance.
Temper Temper......
So all in all it was a success, I handled the trailer and her all by myself and only had a minor technical difficulty, which I will get fixed Monday.
I love Mommy and ME time! I can't believe I waited so long to get the trailer :)
I luuuuurve it!

11 comments:

Paige said...

Sounds like a great day--and that are going to be so ready to ride with us when you finally get here!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That is so very cool! I wish I had friends to trail ride with.

Jocelyn said...

Paige: I can't wait I pray everyday. Illinois, Illinois.

Val: I love trail riding, I figured out on abeach trip a few years back.I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I will be going there next month w/ OET chapter. Haven't been there in years! Trails in good condition?

Jocelyn said...

OET: Thank you so much for stopping by! The trails are good, they have done alot of work.
HOWEVER there are still some deep muddy spots, but not nerarly as bad as before. They have made some new routes and trails so all in all I think it's a great place to go.
Maybe if the weather holds those spots will have dried up.

May I join you there next month?
I'd love to meet the OET folks.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh wow! This is just so awesome! I'm so proud of you and Star for going out and just doing it. The last couple times I've taken Apache out, I've had help from John. but I think I'm almost ready to try it on my own now.

And how cool that you were able to meet Kacey, just by chance like that?! And you all rode together, too? How awesome!!!


~Lisa

baystatebrumby said...

Mad mare alert! Oh dear! i don't like to be the one to see that! What is this park you are riding in? Is it full or trails for horseback riders? It looks very interesting. I cannot get over how stunning your horse is. I cannot take my eyes off of her! How do you get her so clean?

Anonymous said...

That'd be great! The McIver ride is May 8th, riding out at 10:30-11:00. Thanks for the trail report!

strivingforsavvy said...

I am so glad you were able to head out for a ride on Sunday and that you met people to ride with. Hope I can go next time.

allhorsestuff said...

HAHAHA!!
Well great Jocelyn! So that was your solo trailer day?!
One thing I am putting on my trailer( my sister put her own on) which is alot like yours tehehe, is a foot for the back door...when it is windy or at an angle..I put the foot down and it stays OPEN!

I board in Colton... and ride right off property -a million different directions- I love it! It is a endurance riders dream out there!
YOU should come by and ride~ anytime. You know I am up for it.
Be well~
KK

allhorsestuff said...

OH...it is down 211 some 5 or 6 miles longer..not bad distance for some great trails or open road riding- for conditioning.
You got the #!
KK