I don't have pictures today, I left my camera in my saddle bag. I didn't take many pictures this time, that a story for another day.
Here is the basic rundown:
1. We officially completed, but I wasn't given it until after the Awards Meeting this morning.
2. I had a miserable first 6 miles, fantastic next 7 miles, ( 45 minute break) a crazy awesome 8 miles, and the most physically challenging and emotional break down last 4 miles to the finish.
3. Learned SO MUCH about me, my horse and what to do and what NOT to do.
4. My inhaler was my best friend the last 4 miles.
5. Grateful to Shawn and Catlin who were my water boys, crew and cheering section.
6. Found another ride angel and she brought me back from a quitter to a finisher with a hug, smile and " get on your horse we can finish this"
7. Grateful for a husband and quasi- coach who is learning the sport in order to help me achieve my goals.
I will post pictures and the full story soon.
Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes, I had all of you as shoulder angels with me!
Green Bean Casserole ~ Flashback Friday
13 hours ago