Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why I changed everything about me

Let me start off by saying this:
I have always been some sort of active, but never been a full on athlete.
When I lost alot of weight a couple of years ago, I didn't exercise much nor did work on the finding the causes of what was making me depressed besides being fat.
So, like most diets the weight came rolling back in. weird.....

I have a problem with associating food with guilt and combine that with a set of " I have a large A$$" goggles I seem to see out of , it was a recipe for disaster at some point in my life. Every time I would eat I would obsess about how it was making me fatter and uglier, how crazy is that? I still struggle with it even though what I am eating is 100% healthy, if I feel the slightest "full" the guilt and remorse creeps back in.

I never see myself as pretty, thin, or anything befitting that description. My weight has always been the topic of family discussion with my Mom, Dad and sisters, as we all struggle.

So let's add the additional strain of moving to Alaska and what do you get?  A fat, depressed, no horse to ride, cranky sloth. No joke.

So I took the steps to change how I FEEL and that would change how I LOOK.
I hired a trainer to help me train for a triathlon, God Bless Carla Goldberg
I researched diets.. alot... for hours.

Then I came across Isabel De Los Rios and the Flat Belly Solution.

It is the easiest two steps I have ever done in my life.
The weight has melted off and my body has changed dramatically. I feel amazing.

I have given up Dairy, Processed Food,meal replacement bars(unless I'm out on the bike) 99% of sugar, Gluten and Soy.

I am not lying when I say, the dark circles under my eyes are gone , my belly is getting flatter and my skin looks amazing. My PMS symptoms were about as half as bad as usual the last two months since I started.
Oh and the muffin top and third ass are almost gone as well.
SHA- FREAKING-ZAM !!!

When you husband says " Baby, your ass is shrinking" it's the best 4 words you will ever hear I swear...

Hugs and Love Blogger Peeps!
JP~

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Holy cow! That is intense! Good luck with everything.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

That is wonderful! I am so glad that you found somehing that is working for you

Jody said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog--and congratulations on your life style change! I'm about to go there, but leaving my potato chips behind will be tough!

Reddunappy said...

So glad you have worked out your "happy" JC!!! Sounds incredible!!!
Your new puppy is so cute!!!
My hubby and I are now empty nesters too. We are doing pretty good!

Mrs. Mom said...

Proud of you and happy for you JP!!! ROCK! ONNNN!!!!!

You know what? beauty starts inside. And I'm just betting your heart and soul are incredibly beautiful ;)

(Wow. Mushy stuff. Yikes! )

JJ said...

That is amazing and inspiring! I don't know if I'd be able to give up all of that (what would I eat)? But, the benefits sure do sound worth it! Congrats to you!!