Friday, August 20, 2010

Where have I been?

Well, we ran off to Florida for a quick trip. The Air Force has a program called the Yellow Ribbon Program. It helps returning soldiers and their families reintegrate after long deployments.
So We went to Kennedy Space Center. For a TREKKIE like myself this was super cool.
I am a total nerd, I know....
This was the actual mission control Center for the Apollo missions.


IBM.. Does anyone remember them? I do, but I'm OLD..

Launchpad, this was 3.5 miles away from where I was standing, so that tells you how HUGE it really is.

This is the actual rocket/shuttle building, the shuttle and rockets will be assembled together and then moved out of here by the "Crawler".It is the largest building in the world. All under one roof.
The stripes on the flag are 8 feet across.

So, this was day one of our holiday. We never had a honeymoon or ever been on a real vacation, so this was fantastic.
All I wanted to see were Alligators, but nooooooooooooooo. I only saw one!
Where did I see the one gator? On the Nasa/Cape Grounds.Of course.
This was my favorite part of the trip. Shawn loved Sea World I will post those soon.

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

How cool! What a great trip!
It's great that the military does this to help the soldiers and their families, too.

Oooh! I love Sea World. Love the dolphins! Their skin is amazing to touch! The manatees are awesome, too! I can't wait to see and read all about your visit there.

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh! And did you ride the water coaster? That is probably my most favorite ride ever...or at least a close second to Splash Mountain in Disney World. :

~Lisa)

baystatebrumby said...

I love diversions like vacations and fun trips that turn up on blogs! It looks like you really enjoyed your trip. I really enjoyed the photos! I am no space nerd at all, but I loved looking at all those cool rockety things. hey! Apollo wouldn't be such a bad name for a horse!!

AKPonyGirl said...

My dad's office was on the 36th floor of the VAB. He worked on the last of the Gemini launches, all the Apollo missions and the SkyLab missions. Didn't think it was so cool at the time but now I do.

How's Alaska treating you?