Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Inspiration doesnt come easy for me

I am not the " creative" type in it's literal sense. I get random inspiration and I run with it.
Like BG's butterfly cupcakes. I probably hadn't done them unless the BG had said
"Jocelyn butterflies don't talk they are just bugs.." ( insert sassy three year old tone).
So, now we are onto our Guest Room. I love anything French Country and Asian decor.
I know weird. BUT you can totally mix them, and I am attempting to do so in our room.
Check this out.... Whoa... they even still have the plastic on the shades.
Had I done that, I wouldn't be shopping for new expensive shades as we speak. Note to self.
I love the bed in this room and the not matchy matchy of the art and decor on the walls.
Moving on...

This is more subdued French room with a classic iron bed, yellow on the walls , metal lamps, red accents and simple art on the walls. OH Check Check Check for what JP has already started in her room.
Getting closer....
Ahh.. Now we are talking... the same colors and yet different decorating style. This one is definitely Asian inspired. Scroll up and down to get the mixture of the two effect.
So I don't want a ginormous mirrored headboard as I certainly don't need to look at myself getting in and out of bed, clothes on or off, most definitely not SP in the same state of undress as he strolls out to make the morning coffee. However, the red Toile and yellow walls are making my heart skip a beat. Can you have too much Toile? I think not. Lord, I would give my left arm for some perfect lampshades.
Oh now can't you just see yourself in this room? When the Step kid moves out the Guest Room number two will slightly resemble this room. Cornice Boards and all.
We are almost done with the guest room, need to buy a few more picture frames , curtains and pillows.
It should be amazing.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I LOVE the colors in that last picture.

Rose of Sharon said...

I can't wait to see it! :0)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

If I were sleeping in that last bedroom I'd feel as if I was tucked into a Tiffany box :)

Can't wait to see your new guest room all done up!

~Lisa

Christina said...

YOu have great taste cant wait to see the room.