Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's a new journey.. again..

November of 2010 we embarked on a journey to Alaska. It's been rough to say the least. It's been a huge strain on my marriage, my personality and my desire to reach out and enjoy life.
Shawn and I have done our best to get out and embrace everything Alaska has to offer, and we have had alot of fun. However, it's not where we want to spend our lives on a permanent basis. Shawn and I are cowpokes, we enjoy ranch living, ranch life, open ranges and long warm evenings. We always knew we would retire in Eastern Oregon, or somewhere near his Dad's ranch in Oklahoma.

Shawn found out a few months back at a conference, that an opportunity in Little Rock, AR would be coming open eventually. (meaning in USAF, a year to 18 months). We knew it would be perfect for us, but also knew it would give us another year in Alaska to finish some must do items on our bucket list.

He got home from the conference and I kid you not , the job came open less than 4 days later.
So here goes nothing, we are moving again, this time back to the lower 48 and a left turn at Albuquerque.

Here is downtown Little Rock.


A State Park



Another State Park.

Johnny Cash's childhood home.
Also don't think I wont be taking my Mom and my sisters, Aunts, cousins for a trip to this place !
http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/

Hellllllllloooo sweet thing .. sigh.... Mommy is coming for you. !
I will also be visiting here.
Graceland
The immortal resting place of the coolest musician that ever lived. He had a weird Oedipus complex, but he still made awesome music and a bajillion lame movies that I love to watch.
So we embark on June or July, the date isn't final but it will be soon.
It will be the Alaska Hillbillies tour 2012. Two horses, three dogs, a cat and a beta fish!

Lordy, it should be an interesting trip!

3 comments:

gtyyup said...

WoW...I don't envy you the moving one bit! Wish you all the best...we'll all just keep following you around ;~)

Reddunappy said...

Good luck! and Safe Trip!!! JC! You will have more new stories to tell!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hey! What happened to the beta fish??

~Lisa