Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some good, Some bad and some super cute!

Yesterday was quite the fabulous day!

It didn't start off that way however. I accidentally ran over and drug my friends Barbs saddle,) the brown and white horse in front of me). She hadn't loaded it into the trailer tack room and left it on the tongue of the trailer, I just didn't see it there and I pulled away to get closer to the barn to load the horses and well, lets say.. It's bad.. very bad. The tree isn't broken but her saddle is CRAZY expensive and I am helping to pay for the repairs.

On a better note, our ride was fantastic and we met a fellow blogger and her hubby. The grey horse and bay in front of Barb. They are TRUE Fox Hunters, they are a kick to ride with! Barb and I like to GO FAST!!

We got invited to join them and the Woodbrook Hunt Club for a Hunters Pace next month.

We were on a road we wern't supposed to be on, and the view was amazing of the river.
I love these shots of her and her happy ears. We went bitless and had ZERO drama. She trotted out front and alone for most of the 8 or so miles. I didn't have to do the usual warm up routine, we tacked up, got on and started out. She just gets better and better every time I take her out.

I love this side pull-bitless bridle Shawn bought, it is heavy enough to get the message across and built well to last a long time. Shawn paid alot of money for it, but you get what you pay for.

So, I got home about 3:30 and , had to be at the BG's house by 5:30. Mom and Dad needed a date night. So I brought over all my cake decorating supplies and some cookie dough and she got her first piping lesson ! First we did sugar on the sugar cookies , on the ones I over cooked.
PINK sugar of course!

This child is crazy smart. I showed her once how to do it, and then I showed her ONCE how to roll down the top of the bag to get more frosting. She had it down and was piping away!
( NOTE TO SELF) Next time, I am going to bring pre made cookies or cupcakes. The baking process took too long, and a 4 year old doesn't want to wait to get to the fun frosting part.

She also told me that 2 Diet Dr Peppers was unhealthy and I needed to make better choices.



So, in the span of about two hours, we fed the horse, made and frosted cookies, swung on the swing, and watched a cartoon movie.

To tell you how smart she is, she knows about DVR, and what remote to use.

4 years old people!!!

I couldn't tell you how to do it or what remote to use.

Here are a couple of vids for your viewing enjoyment.

Cutest BG EVAH....



Bestest Rockstar pony in da world......
Proof she trotted out confidently alone on the trail.
No Hell no and Spins here! She was 100% Get-R Done


7 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Great success! Well all but the saddle dragging part

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cute lil' muffin! And those cookies are the way my 7 yr old daughter likes them....mostly frosting! hehe!

Bummer about your friend's saddle. But what a great ride and a good girl, too. Love the video. That's a beautiful trail.


~Lisa

Rising Rainbow said...

Little kids and their tech savy make me feel dumb, that's for sure.

Glad to hear your girl was good.

Rue said...

Hi Jocelyn :)

I'm so glad you had a great day, but I'm sorry about the saddle. I know just how much those cost... yikes!

Glad to see your sweetie is back safe and sound too :)

Thank you for your friendship and always being so sweet to me.

xo,
rue

baystatebrumby said...

The olde saddle dragger! That would be you!! Your story may not be funny now, but maybe someday it will be! UI'm sure you are not the first person that has happened to!
I am mesmerized by all of that pink frosting oozing all over those cookies!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Don't feel too bad. I know of someone who didn't know her horse was tied to the trailer and drove off...

allhorsestuff said...

YOUR HUBBY IS HOME!!!!
I am so happy for you J!!

Oou...so sorry about the saddle stuff, You are good to help with that too.

Cool new friends...a hunters pace..wow! I learned something about that and hunting..it is the ONLY time you may "cluck" in public to your horse(for safety reasons as it is a universal language to them) because if you are on the gallop or approaching fences...and your horse refuses..pile up and danger ensue..so the "cluck -kiss and get-your tail on the go"is then acceptable. My sissy hunted and did paces.

Fun!Oh..you are good an that road.. just not from the new boat launch..there is a cut through they made for horses to travel on down the trail. That is the only place there you can rip or canter straight!

I finally put you on the blog roll so I can remember to visit MORE often!
You have been doing some great rides..and I hope to be more independent SOON too...looking for a truck to pull the trailer. Then, will be able to meet up with you..am a bit dependent at the moment...but you could swing by and pick us up to go to Hardy Creek area..it is great...no motorized and so far, endless riding...I have not found the end yet..but if we went fast in some areas...maybe we could! It is gorgeous to be sure.

Your girl ~ too cute!