Wednesday, September 3, 2008

couple days off

I took a couple of days off from blogging, because I have been so busy with getting two kids back to school, exchanging rooms, painting rooms, etc. I also went a rode a very nice 1/2 arab gelding on Monday, which was such a nice change of pace.

HE held his head set/frame for my entire ride, I didnt have to really work him at all, cues perfect-o, transitions smoooth and he is gorgeous to boot.


What a thrill to ride one who is still unfinished, yet just so mellow and willing. HE had only been ridden by his owner a man, and the trainer a man. So when I got on, he was all out of sorts for the first minute or two, then when he realized I wasn't some newbie and meant business, he got right back into frame and worked like he was told to. AMAZING!






photo courtesty of commandperformancetraining.com

My husband thought he was cute too and loved on him while I was talking to the trainer, now just to sell Blu, get Star 1/2 leased and find the extra cash to buy him, or one like him. No pressure.


Who is Blu?

SHe is my Russian 1/2 Arab, that I bought when I sold Star. To show, endurance ride and get into Arabians.
She needs someone with much more patience and time, than I have right now. She will be a rockstar endurance horse for someone who wants to work out the bugs. Namely spooking and random bucking and a case of equine ADHD. I am too old for those antics, and while I love her, I'm over it.




any takers?

No comments: